Cisco ONS 15454 Optical Pre-Amplifier Card; Part #15454-OPT-PRE
ONS 15454 Optical Preamplifier Card; Class 1M Laser Product; Quality Control;
Class 1M Laser Product- Laser products considered Class 1M are, much like Class 1 lasers, safe and incapable of producing hazardous exposure. However, when viewed with collecting optics, such as a telescope, Class 1M lasers can potentially be hazardous. Otherwise, they are exempt from control measures.
Quality Control- Quality control (QC) is a process through which a business seeks to ensure that product quality is maintained or improved with either reduced or zero errors. Quality control involves testing of units and determining if they are within the specifications for the final product.
The ONS 15454 OPT-PRE is a C-band, DWDM, two-stage erbium-doped fiber amplifier (EDFA) with midamplifier loss (MAL) that can be connected to a dispersion compensating unit (DCU). The OPT-PRE is equipped with a built-in variable optical attenuator (VOA) that controls the gain tilt and can also be used to pad the DCU to a reference value. You can install the OPT-PRE in Slots 1 to 6 and 12 to 17. The card is designed to support up to 80 channels at 50-GHz channel spacing. The OPT-PRE features include:
- Fixed gain mode with programmable tilt
- True variable gain
- Fast transient suppression
- Nondistorting low-frequency transfer function
- Settable maximum output power
- Fixed output power mode (mode used during provisioning)
- MAL for fiber-based DCU
- Amplified spontaneous emissions (ASE) compensation in fixed gain mode
- Full monitoring and alarm handling with settable thresholds
- Four signal photodiodes to monitor the input and output optical power of the two amplifier stages through CTC
- An optical output port for external monitoring
Note- The optical splitter has a ratio of 1:99, resulting in about 20dB lower power at the MON port than at the COM TX
The OPT-PRE amplifier has five optical ports located on the faceplate:
- MON is the output monitor port
- COM RX (receive) is the input signal port
- COM TX (transmit) is the output signal port
- DC RX is the MAL input signal port
- DC TX is the MAL output signal port
This part is green, black and white, and measures 1x11.5x14. Included is a Cisco Loopback Adapter(ADP-OPTI.LC.
LOOPBACK.Att.5dB, Part #39-0234-01.
We Also Recommend