JVI 3X8 MULTI-SWITCH, MODEL 35-TR8WS DIRECT TV, CABLE TV, DISH
- Pin-Diode Switching.
- High end equipment for Commercial, MDU, or Home Theater Applications.
- Combines terrestrial UHF/VHF signal with satellite I.F. For distribution on one cable.
- 24VDC powering for switching and LNB operation (power supply not included)
- Corrosive resistance Anodized Aluminum housing.
- Built with Surface Mount Technology; this allows for excellent Thru Loss, Return Loss, Isolation & Group Delay.
- Amplifies the I.F. Satellite Signal as well as the off-air signal to compensate for insertion loss.
Ideal solution for DIRECTV, TiVo and Ultimate TV receivers
All Multi-Switches described on this page accept inputs from 13/17V and 14/18V switching systems, and are compatible with all the mini-dish systems on the market today.
How does it work?
When your satellite dish receiver is on, it normally sends one of two DC voltages up the coax to the dish antenna. This DC voltage normally tells the LNB (the receiver electronics in the dish) which of two bands of signal bands to receive. With a Multi-switch installed and connected to a dual LNB (one for each of the two signal bands), the Multi-switch see the "request" from a satellite dish receiver, it then switches through one of the signals. Your receiver does not react any differently when connected to a Multi-switch and the picture quality or signal strength is not degraded
Local Channels, no problem!
The Multi-switch includes an input for regular VHF/UHF TV signals. This can be an antenna on the roof or a signal from a cable TV provider. Use a Diplexer at the satellite dish receiver to split the two signals (antenna/cable or dish). The Diplexer will allow a single coax cable to carry all the signals for the Multi-switch. One Diplexer will be required at each satellite dish receiver where you want the ability to watch antenna or cable TV channels. All four outputs do not have to be used.