SDE-4AV-QAM MPEG 2 Standard Definition Encoder
ATTN: Product is End Of Life and is subject to Limited Availability
SDE-4AV-QAM (MPEG-2 Enhanced SD Encoder) provides superior Standard Definition (SD) encoding allowing the operator to use low video bit rates freeing up valuable bandwidth, while preserving video quality.
The unit accepts up to four (4) standard-definition (SD) input programs in NTSC baseband Audio/Video format. Each input program is digitized, MPEG-2 encoded, and then multiplexed into one Multi-Program Transport Stream (MPTS). The output is available in the following formats simultaneously: 1xQAM, 1xASI, and 1xGigE (1000Base-T Ethernet). An optional high definition (HD) software upgrade allows the encoder to switch modes between SD and HD. When operating in HD mode, the encoder accepts one (1) program from any one of the following inputs: 1xHDMI (unencrypted), 1xVGA or 1xComponent.
The encoder supports Dolby® Digital audio encoding, and Closed Captioning (EIA-608). It is also equipped with an Emergency Alert System (EAS) interface. A front-panel RF test point allows for monitoring/testing of the QAM output without service interruption.
Comprehensive remote monitoring and control is accomplished using any standard Web browser via a rear-panel 10/100Base-T Ethernet connection.
- Accepts up to four (4) programs in NTSC baseband A/V format
- Digitizes, MPEG-2 encodes, & multiplexes up to four (4) programs into one MPTS
- Simultaneously delivers the following outputs: 1xQAM, 1xASI, and 1xGigE
- Supports optional HD software upgrade to accept one (1) program from any of the following inputs: 1xHDMI (unencrypted),1xVGA, or 1xComponent
- Provides comprehensive GUI-based monitoring and control via standard Web browsers
- Provides a front-panel RF test point (at 20 dB below primary QAM output)
- Compatible with ITU Annex A and B digital QAM formats
- Equipped with EAS interface (Analog Video + L/R Audio)
- Supports Real-time Dolby® Digital audio encoding
- Supports Closed Captioning EIA-608
- Supports user-defined PSIP configuration