SDE-6S-ASI MPEG-2 SD Encoder/ Multiplexer
SDE-6S-ASI (MPEG-2 SD Encoder/ Multiplexer – 6xSD-SDI/6xNTSC – 1xASI) accepts up to six (6) standard-definition (SD) programs from any of the following inputs: 6xSD-SDI, and 6xNTSC. MPEG-2 encoded outputs are multiplexed into one Multi- Program Transport Stream (MPTS) which is available in the following formats simultaneously: 1xASI, and 1xIP* (requires optional 10/100/1000 Base-T SFP module). The encoder supports Dolby® Digital audio encoding for (16) analog stereo audio pairs (L+R) which in addition to primary and secondary audio programs also provide a third pair for the Audio Descriptor Service, an additional narration track for blind and visually impaired, as mandated by the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 (CVAA). Ad insertion SCTE 35 compliant queuing messages are detected for each program from either the audio Cue Tone input or an insertion contact closure (operator selectable). A baseband audio analog encoding capability table is provided on the following page for easy reference. In addition to the baseband audio analog encoding capability audio programs that are already encoded and present on the SDI inputs may be multiplexed with the respective output (pass-through) without utilizing the baseband audio analog encoding resource. The encoder also supports Closed Captioning (EIA-608, and EIA-708), and Emergency Alert System (EAS). A front-panel DVI port is available for real-time monitoring of active programs during operation. Comprehensive remote monitoring and control is accomplished using any standard Web browser via a rear-panel SFP port (10/100BaseT, SFP module included).
Accepts up to six (6) video programs from any of the following inputs: 6xSD-SDI and 6xNTSC
- Simultaneously delivers the following outputs: 1xASI and 1xIP* (requires optional SFP module)
- Provides comprehensive GUI-based monitoring and control via standard Web browsers
- Provides audio encoding for Primary Audio, SAP (Secondary Audio Program), & Audio Descriptor Service
- Provides user-selectable audio level adjustment of +/- 6 dB in 0.5 dB increments on all analog audio inputs through GUI interface.
- Detects ad messaging via SCTE 35 activated by either Cue Tone Audio input or upon contact closure (user selectable)
- Supports Closed Captioning EIA-608 and EIA-708
- Supports Real-time Dolby® Digital audio encoding
- Supports Emergency Alert System (EAS)
- Supports user-defined static PSIP configuration
- Supports compressed digital audio pass through for all HD-SDI & SDI inputs
- Supports fixed VBR and Stat-Mux video encoding